Friday 10 October 2014

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light


All hail Aqualia Thermal Light! My all time favourite facial moisturiser. I've tried and tested so many different moisturisers over the years but so far Vichy has outdone them all! It leaves my skin feeling so refreshed and hydrated, which I always believe is the perfect base to start with before applying primer and foundation. There have been times when I've attempted to be frugal and gone for a slightly cheaper moisturiser but I always end up returning to my trusty Aqualia Thermal.
 
I would describe my skin type as combination meaning that parts of my skin are slightly dry where as my t-zone can get very oily. I find that the Aqualia Thermal range works well to balance this out as much as possible whilst also providing me with a lovely soft and dewy complexion. From the moment that I apply this I can feel that it instantly absorbs into the skin, leaving it feeling so hydrated. This is due to the use of thermal spa water and hyaluronic acid which effectively diffuses the moisture. Quite often I have found that many other moisturisers just sit on top of the skin and leave a sticky/clammy feeling but I don't get that at all with this. I also really love how light the  product is so I don't feel that it is clogging up my pores. I have actually since read that this is a 'non-comedogenic' product meaning that it is proven to not block pores which is such a huge bonus!

As for the smell- it is so lovely! Vichy has managed to get it just right with a delicate, refreshing smell that is not too overpowering. Some people try to avoid perfumed facial moisturisers as it is known that this can irritate the skin, however the Aqualia Thermal Light contains no parabens and is subtle smelling so is suitable for sensitive skin.

Overall this gives me the glowing complexion that I always desire, particularly when I'm not wearing any make up. And on the regular occurrence that I am wearing make up my foundation glides on smoothly and gives me a dewy look, which is what I love so much about it.

At £16 a pot it's not the cheapest of moisturisers, especially when you can pick up some moisturisers for less than £5, but at the same time it's not the most expensive either. In comparison to the more high end brands i.e the infamous Creme de la Mer, £105 it's relatively cheap. This usually lasts me a good 4 months and despite currently nearly being at the end I have been careful to use it sparingly. We all know that is less is more anyway!

Have you tried Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light before? What are your thoughts?

love Katya x

Follow me

BLOGLOVIN | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Beauty Harbour | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig