Thursday 8 October 2015

Clarifying Shampoo

Redken Cleansing Cream
Until earlier on in the year I hadn't ever heard of a clarifying shampoo. Tell me anything about something that conditions the hair and I'll have more than likely heard of it but with shampoos I'm a lot less knowledgeable. It was only when I read about it somewhere on the internet that I realised a clarifying shampoo may be something that my hair could really benefit from. Do you ever feel like no matter how recently you've washed your hair it still feels lank, heavy and greasy? Well this is a real problem solver.
 
Apparently when our hair is feeling like this it's often a cause of product build-up resulting from gels, mousse, hair spray, leave-in conditioners and even hard water- basically anything that we're putting on our hair. Clarifying shampoos work to remove this and restore our hair back to a healthier condition. Redken Hair Cleansing Cream is one that I'd seen be recommended so I decided to give it a try. In appearance and formula this is just like any other shampoo and it has a  fresh citrusy scent. It kind of reminds me of jaffa cakes, but in a good way. The only noticeable difference is that it doesn't lather up quite as much. I use it as a replacement for my regular shampoo and then condition as  normal. Even after the first wash I saw results- my hair was so much softer, bouncier and the colour was a lot brighter! 

I personally use this once a month but it depends on each individuals lifestyle. For example if you wash your hair everyday then product residue is likely to build-up faster so you would need to use it more often. I wash my hair twice a week so I find once a month is  just the right amount for me. Using it too often can start to dry your hair out so I don't like to overuse it  but regardless I always make sure I apply lots of conditioner to the ends to lock in the moisture anyway.

The method in which you use it isn't really any different to using a regular shampoo but it's obviously the end result that counts. I apply it to the hair and massage into the scalp for a good few minutes before rinsing and repeating if necessary. The longer it's left on the harder it can work to release the build-up. Once washed and dried the hair should feel extra squeaky clean and a lot easier to manage. It's made such a difference to my hair and I'm shocked I hadn't considered this sooner!

Have you ever tried a clarifying shampoo?

 love Katya x

Follow me


SHARE:

22 comments

  1. I've never tried a clarifying shampoo but this sounds interesting - maybe I'll give it a try, great post!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes such a difference. I really recommend it! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I've only tried one clarifying shampoo before and for some reason I worry about it making my hair dye fade faster but as I don't use it every time I wash my hair I really have nothing to base that on and it's probably fine. And it definitely helps to get rid of product build up so it's good to have one on hand for the occasional wash.

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they can run the risk of making hair dye fade quicker but I think it all depends how often you use it. Using it once every month or two hopefully shouldn't make a difference :)

      Delete
  3. I'll have to give this one a go - I seem to get so much product build-up so if using this every so often stops me needing to hair-wash constantly, I'll definitely give it a go! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty | High-End Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found it to really improve my hair whenever I use it so hopefully it'll have the same effect on yours too! You'll have to let me know your thoughts!

      Delete
  4. I recently used a clarifying shampoo for the first time and couldn't believe the results, my hair was so different! I need to try out this Redken one :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make such a surprising difference doesn't it!

      Delete
  5. i haven't tried clarifying shampoo and I didn't actually know what they really do. I wash my hair at least 3 times a week (oily hair problem) so I think my hair might need this too! x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd really recommend trying it out! It makes such a difference!

      Delete
  6. I've used clarifying shampoos on and off for a few years now and I agree they're really good, its just bothering to go buy one when I run out that I struggle with!
    Lizzy | by Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first bottle that I've used but I can imagine it being hard to remember to replace once it's run out!

      Delete
  7. I never use clarifying shampoos but this one sounds pretty good. I might give it a go (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend it! I hope you love it as much as I do!

      Delete
  8. I've never thought of using a cleansing shampoo but of course it makes perfect sense because residue is so likely to build up in your hair over time. Will have to look into it soon, sounds great x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised they're not spoken about more because they really are such a great idea!

      Delete
  9. This sounds like exactly what I need! Lovely post, so informative

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely recommend trying it out!

      Delete
  10. I'm so pleased I came across this lovely, I've been looking for a clarifying shampoo for so long so I definitely need to try this!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it's such a great product. I definitely recommend it! :)

      Delete
  11. I have starting with Neutrogena which is great drugstore/mass retailer pick and I have tried Redken in the past but not this newer version!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Beauty Harbour | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig