Thursday 26 May 2016

Porcelain Skin with Vichy Dermablend

Vichy Dermablend
Whenever I think of porcelain skin I always think of a china doll. A velvety smooth, blemish- free complexion; something that has always seemed to be completely unobtainable. That was until I was introduced to the Vichy Dermablend range and I finally achieved that porcelain skin look that I'd previously only ever dreamt of.

Vichy Dermblend range been around for a number of years  however in recent months they have undergone a little revamp with new sleeker looking packaging and the addition of more shades. The range prides itself on  its "expert and award-winning camouflage foundation to cover and conceal minor to severe skin flaws". Whilst I don't have any major skin concerns I do go through periods of suffering with spots, uneven skin tone and dark circles so I was really intrigued to try a few of the products to see for myself the extent to which they live up to their claims.
Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation
The Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation* is a high-coverage formula aimed to suit even the most sensitive of skins. Whilst full coverage may be more desirable in the winter months I do often find myself reaching out for it during the summer too. There's nothing worse than getting ready for a special occasion only to find you've woken up with mega dark circles beneath your eyes and about ten new spots have decided to adorn your face. This is where a full coverage foundation becomes a true blessing and where Vichy Dermablend Foundation in particular, really comes into it's own. What I've found to love so much about it, is that whilst it conceals any 'problematic' areas it doesn't leave you looking or feeling like you're caked in makeup. It is so highly concentrated that you only need a very small amount so it still looks very natural on the skin and doesn't feel at all heavy. It also contains Vichy Thermal Spa Water meaning that it is extra malleable and easy to buff into the skin, leaving a luminous glow. I like to apply a small amount to my foundation brush and blend into place in dabbing motions particularly focusing on any flaws and blemishes. The results are instantaneous, evening out the skin tone and leaving a flawless finish. My only very slight problem is that my shade '15 Opal' is a little bit pale for me, especially as I still have the remainders of a tan, however this is not a reflection on the product itself. This just means that when I inevitably make a repurchase I may have to rethink which shade I get.

Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder
Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Following suit, I have been just as impressed with the powder. The Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder* is specifically formulated to work with the  Fluid Corrective Foundation to improve longevity and diminish any shine. It is extremely finely milled which I believe to be of great importance when it comes to loose powders to avoid settling into the pores. Instead this sits very naturally on the skin with a soft-to-touch, velvety finish; a great final touch to achieving that ever desirable porcelain skin.  I was very slightly apprehensive when I first put this to the test as a common problem with loose powders similar to this one is that you can end  up picking up way too much on the brush, resulting in a 'chalky' appearance. However I've found that this can be easily rectified by using a fluffy powder brush, tapping off any excess and gently brushing on. This disperses just the right amount across the face to remove any shine that may have occurred from the foundation and keep everything in place without ruining the overall effect. It definitely goes by the mantra of a little goes a long way!

Despite having tried and loved Vichy's Aqualia Thermal range their Dermablend range was entirely new to me, however after trying both the foundation and powder they are most definitely up there with my favourite base products. Aside from the durability and the gorgeous porcelain finish that they leave on the skin, they are generally just really effective products to be using on the skin. With a strong focus on various skin concerns, not only have they sought up ways to help camouflage but clear consideration has gone into the actual ingredients of the products too. Most of their products are hypoallergenic (reduces possibility of allergic reaction), non-comedogenic (does not block pores), non-acnegenic (less likely to cause acne) and fragrance-free. This means that whilst you're working to hide the problem they have ensured that you're not making it worse at the same time, which to me is pretty ingenious!  

What are your thoughts on Vichy Dermablend?

love Katya x

Follow me

*PR Gift. All opinions my own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Beauty Harbour | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig